Thursday, March 5, 2009

Botanical I

I consider this done. If I play with it again I will just mess up something. I will visit this image again as a larger pastel and maybe a watercolor. Whenever I can I go to botanical gardens to shoot. The flowers are beautiful and plentiful. As you can see I like to get up close and fill the frame as much as possible. Last year we ducked into a botanical garden in Fort Bragg, California. I was amazed. For years we have driven by that place thinking it really wasn't a "real" botanical garden. I'm glad we visited. I've never been to a botanical garden with the ocean as the backdrop. Simply amazing. We also go to this place that sell fuchsias. I always shoot there. The owners never give me grief they just let me shoot as much as I want.



Botanical I
11" x 7" (28.0cm x 17.8cm)
Pastel on Textured paper
$150 plus $9 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.



No comments: