Friday, February 21, 2014

Xmas 2013 Commerce

It snows in my hometown too. In 2013 we had a big snow and ice event in my hometown. It was a combination of snow and ice on Christmas day. I had a flight out to California on the 27th so I had to drive home the day after. Small towns like Commerce don't plow the highways or much else. So I had to "white knuckle" it home. It was a scary ride for sure at least until Dallas. I lost a dear friend today. She was Roberta Harney and I will miss her light. We attended high school together. Small communities don't have mobile dialysis units which is what she needed during a recent snow and ice storm in Commerce. She couldn't go to dialysis because of weather and that led to high levels of potassium and a heart attack. I am sad today because this should have been prevented. Her death deeply saddens me. As I said she had light.

No comments: